Job opportunities include working open gym sessions, camps, and hosting birthday parties. We will also train this employee to coach our kids Ninja Sport classes, which will begin with shadowing our experienced coaches during these classes. The amount of training needed for this will vary based on experience. We anticipate these job positions to be in full swing by early August with 20 – 30 hours available per position.
- Open gym sessions are unstructured, but we encourage our coaches to interact and integrate with our customers to make it a special experience.
- Camps take place during school breaks, including spring, summer, and winter. Camps are typically Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 1:00pm, with ages ranging from six to 14. Campers will play games, learn ninja skills from our expert coaches, run timed obstacle courses, and enjoy open play time in our world-class facility.
- Birthday parties are partially structured, with various activities depending on customers preference. Duties include setup/cleanup of party room, checking in participants, facilitating a safety talk and interacting with the party group.
- Ninja Sport classes typically include a warmup, group game, functional movements and/or strength and conditioning, and obstacle skills/course challenges. These are group classes open to ages six through adult with participants capped at 12.
We are looking for a positive person with a passion for ninja, fitness and a healthy lifestyle. Experience coaching and working with kids is a plus. Pay varies based on experience. We have built an incredible community of passionate ninjas, and we believe a significant part of this success can be attributed to our amazing staff. We truly care about everyone’s experience at our gym. All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Greet clients at front desk, help with sign-in and answer questions
- Give safety briefing to clients
- Leading and coaching kids group classes
- Demonstrate daily class movements and obstacle skills
- Motivate and encourage clients through positive words while training
- Facilitate open gym time for kids and adults
- Host birthday parties, with groups of 10 – 20 kids
- Help with birthday party setup and cleanup
- Lead obstacle course play and facilitate games/activities during birthday parties
- Facilitate party room usage during birthday parties
- Ensure safe usage of equipment
- Educate clients on proper equipment use
- Perform CPR, first aid, or other emergency procedures if needed
- Follow all health and safety regulations when working with equipment
- Must be willing to work with kids and adults
- End-of-day cleaning
- At least one year experience as a trainer/coach is ideal, but not required.
- An interest in the sport of ninja
- Experience with parkour, ninja, and/or gymnastics are a plus
- Experience working with kids is a plus
- High school degree or equivalent
- Adult and pediatric first aid / CPR / AED certification
- Professional fitness trainer certification preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, encouraging and patient with clients when instructing
- Ability to build trust with clients
- Ability to work with clients who may need specialized attention due to previous injuries or health issues
- Knowledge of fitness software, specifically Zen Planner, is a plus
Available hours may include, but not limited to:
- Saturday 11:30am – 3:30pm
- Sunday 11:30am – 3:30pm
- Monday 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Tuesday 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- Friday 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- Spring and summer camps, hours will vary
- Additional hours for birthday parties on Saturdays and Sundays
Pay will vary based on experience, but the general pay range is between $17 – $25 / hour.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Jadyn and Becca.