Pre-Team Kids Curriculum
Our next 10-week session begins Wednesday, Jan.4, 2023
The path to progression starts with our Pre-Team Curriculum! Our Pre-Team curriculum sessions are 10 weeks long, and are designed specifically for gaining a spot on one of our competitive teams. For kids focusing on ninja as their primary sport, and who want to pursue our competitive teams, these sessions are for you. We will build strength through functional movement and exercise, all while developing ninja skills in our state-of-the-art facility. These classes require no previous experience or fitness level, but they are physically and mentally demanding classes, so kids should be prepared to focus on the course material, listen to coaches, and be ready to work hard! During the final class of the 10-week curriculum, we will hold a team tryout where kids will be assessed on various benchmark skills for either our Junior Level 1 or Apprentice Level 2 teams. For more information on our competitive teams, please check out our team page.
Not sure if competitive ninja is your thing, or don’t want to commit to a 10-week block of classes? Check out our drop-in based Rec Ninja Kids classes!
Open Gym Add-On Membership
Make the most of your curriculum by adding unlimited open gym
We work on many different skills during our Pre-Team Curriculum weekly classes. However, we strongly encourage our athletes to also attend at least one or two open gym sessions each week so they can continue honing the skills they worked on in classes. We are offering a special unlimited open gym membership add-on for $75, which lasts the entire duration of the 10-week curriculum. We find that the athletes who attend both classes and open gym progress quickly, and will have a better chance at gaining a spot on our team when it’s time to tryout. You may select this option below.
Next Pre-Team Curriculum Session Starts Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2023
Team Tryouts and Benchmark Skills
The last class of our 10-week curriculum will be a team tryout, where our coaches will test the kids on a number of benchmark skills. 6–8 year-olds will tryout for the Junior Level 1 team, and 9–12 year-olds will tryout for the Apprentice Level 2 team. Athlete will need to pass 13 out of the 15 benchmarks listed below, as well as demonstrate focus and dedication. Gaining a spot on the team requires more than just passing benchmark skills. During team tryouts, our coaches will also be assessing:
- Respect for peers
- Focus and dedication
- Respect for gym rules and etiquette
- Listening to coaches and following directions
- Following the Life Force Ninja Team Code of Conduct
The Life Force Ninja Competitive Team
Our competitive team builds upon our Pre-Team curriculum classes, providing a place for dedicated ninjas to take their skills to the next level. We focus on building obstacle skills, strategies, techniques, as well as the body awareness and strength needed to succeed in the incredibly demanding sport of ninja. Ninja requires tremendous strength and endurance, so in addition to obstacle work, we also incorporate a significant amount of strength and conditioning into our team programming. We emphasize training for competitions, and travel as a team to various regional ninja competitions throughout Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia as well as national-level competitions across the country. Our team goals include:
- Fostering a team environment for kids and adults with a shared interest. This includes team-building games and exercises to encourage camaraderie and friendship
- Learning advanced obstacle skills and techniques
- Building strength and endurance needed to be successful on challenging obstacles
- Developing strategies for speed and efficiency on timed course runs
- Treating team members and coaches with respect and supporting everyone’s efforts
- Learning the competitive format and rules of the various competition leagues (WNL, UNAA, CNL, etc.)
- Strongly encouraging and facilitating participation in competitions held at Life Force, as well other regional and national competitions